Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Gum walls and... did she just get eaten by a bus?

Gum Walls
Once again I went digging through the archives on the blog I'm following, noisy decent graphics, and I found this fun wall of gum. I really hate when people don't properly dispose of their gum, but maybe if it's used as art it wouldn't be that bad. I wonder how long this took?


 

Did she just get eaten by a bus? 


So I found the funniest bus advertisement in the world (well I think so at least) on coolopticalillusions.com. It's an ad for National Geographic, and every time someone gets onto this bus it looks like they've just been eaten by a shark! I think this is a really creative ad. In a way it interacts with people, and I will definitely remember this. It takes a fresh idea to keep people interested; something they haven't seen before or in a while, which I think is as true for design as it is for advertising. History is important; we should never forget those who came before us and we should continue to be inspired by the things that people have done in the past, but it's also really important to make your own fresh statement.

1 comment:

  1. National Geographic always does the best stuff. It's always interesting and engaging. I think the best thing about it is that it always makes you do a double-take.

    ReplyDelete