Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Trench signs and Inspiration

Trench Signs
On noisy decent graphics this week I found a posting about trench signs at the Imperial War Museum. This one's my favorite:


I know that the holes aren't part of the original design, but it adds to the design–and the sign's warning!

Concept Inspiration
I was flipping through a textbook back from my graphic design class, Graphic Design Solutions and I came across the 1980 Volkswagen ad that inspired me to become a designer many years ago. I don't even remember where I first saw the ad, but after I saw how creative and clever it was, I knew that I wanted to be a designer of some kind. The concept is just brilliant to me, so I wanted to share and maybe help inspire others to continue to create beautiful designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment