Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Found typography and tractors in the produce section

More Found Typography
Noisy Decent Graphics hasn't been updating as much lately, so I decided to go back to the archives. I actually found a posting that highlighted the found typography of Eric Tabuchi while traveling the highways from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara. I thought this was a fun example of what we did. I wonder how long it took him to find all the letters? Was it just one trip?


What is that tractor doing in the produce section?
While I was in Springfield, IL, I went to County Market and was surprised to see a tractor sitting right in the middle of the produce section. I just had to climb up on it and have my picture taken...it wasn't until I climbed off that I noticed the sign that said "please don't ride the tractor." Oops! Anyways, I thought it was a neat way to display that they are selling local farm fresh foods. Once again, design pops up everywhere.

2 comments:

  1. This is great! This reminds me of that alphabet game during road trips. Looking back you found a post that relates to our project from last week. Good stuff. I went around town for a good hour, so I can't imagine trying to find and take all of those pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK that truck alphabet thing is cool. That would be crazy to find all those letters on the back of semi-trucks. Especially since all those letters are full truck backs.

    ReplyDelete