Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Website design and tips for creating iPad apps

Since we all are going to have to design websites and iPad apps, I thought these links might be helpful.

Website Design
First is a post I found on the blog I'm following, noisy descent graphics. There are a few websites' designs that he is liking at the moment. Here is my favorite from his list...


This 80/20 design studio website is a portfolio of their work. This is a design I will likely pull inspiration from when it comes to making my own online portfolio. I like how the black background allows for the design work to stand out. Also, I'm loving how things are black and white until you click on them, further highlighting the selected design. Make sure to check out the site!

iPad Apps
This link actually came from my editing class. It's a Q & A with Wired's creative director Scott Dadich about the process of launching an iPad app for Wired. It's a little bit dated (the interview took place before apple released the iPad), but I think it's still a good way to help us think about the many approaches we could take when designing apps for our prototypes. Check out these videos to experience the wide range of ideas circulating about what features would work best for these apps.



1 comment:

  1. This is a design I will likely pull inspiration from when it comes to making my own online portfolio.
    Website Design Portland

    ReplyDelete